Tuesday 9 April 2013

Kobo

Last Friday my trusty Kindle Keyboard died :(.  After talking to Amazon Customer Services, they offered me a Kindle Touch for £47.99, which is a model that is no longer on sale.  I initially accepted this, but later changed my mind and went to buy a Kobo Glo.  Its £10 cheaper than the Kindle Paperwhite (£99.99) and came with a free case and £5.99 gift voucher from WH Smiths.  I also read reviews which said the light on the Kobo was better than the Paperwhite.  The Kobo also reads the open ePub format, which the Kindle does not.  With Calibre this isn't a huge problem to fix, but idealistically it feels better.  The Kobo store isn't as cheap as Amazon, but considering you can buy your ebooks from anywhere, I feel like that's not a huge issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment